Friday, January 4, 2008

Caucus Complete


I attended my first caucus last night. It was a fascinating experience as over 600 people from rural Iowa crammed into a tiny school gym to make their voice known.

I really got the sense that a lot is at stake in the next election. I know a lot is at stake in every election, but the urgency seemed to be ratcheted up a notch or two last night.

Did any other of you Iowans attend your caucus? What are your thoughts?

How about you non-Iowans, what are you impressions/questions of/about the caucus?

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'm jealous. I'm a little on the wonky side so it sounds like fun to me--although I suspect that I'd have trouble being polite to people in certain other corners, especially given the way things turned out! I'm still trying to figure out why any lib votes for Edwards, whose bio reads like the evilest Republican straw man you've ever seen rhetorically beat up.